So we've heard from Craig Willis down in Ealing now it's time to catch up with Falcons speedster Adam Radwan.
1. How old were you when you started playing rugby?
1. I started playing rugby when I was 13 at school
2. What was your first rugby memory?
2. First memory was playing at number 8 on my first game and not really having a clue, then next week I played wing and scored 7 tries.
3. Who was your role model and why
3. Well had a few role models growing up, used to love Jason Robinson because of how fast he was, as I got older to around the age of 14/15 and I used to watch falcons play I thought Alex Tait and Sinoti were class. Also Chris my old coach just his attitude towards rugby and everything that comes with it was really influential for me.
4. How's life living in the Toon?
4. Love the toon, thought it would be tough moving here from such a small village but it’s class I really enjoy it.
5. What do you eat before a big match
5. I don’t worry about having a special meal before a game I just make sure it’s really tasty and got plenty of the right things in it.
6. Describe your perfect weekend
6. Perfect week that’s a tough one! I spend a lot of time with my mates mooching round having coffees and stuff, but also do a spot of fishing in my spare time with a couple of the other players
7. What’s a typical day of a professional rugby player?
7. A typical day for me would be, gym early morning, then food, skills session, couple of meeting, full training session, food, then get a coffee with the lads after training and get of fortnite and chill out for a bit
8. Do you spend time with team mates?
8. Spend loads of time with my team mates yeah
9. What would you be doing if you didn’t play rugby?
9. I honestly have no idea what I would be doing, I put all my eggs in one basket
10. How do you deal with nerves on game day?
10. Erm I get really really excited so just try to relax really and remember what I need to do and make sure I do my job
11. Is there anything else you do to help clear your head before a big game?
11. I just try and stay calm and stuff don’t make it into something it’s not get excited and express myself on the pitch
12. How do you deal with losing a big match?
12. To be honest , I’m probably not a joy to be around especially if I havnt played well, but that’s part of the game learned how to deal with disappointment and frustration
13. Has losing made you a better player? If so, how?
13. Yeah absolutely I’ve had many losses and many upsets but you’ve got to learn from them if you want to go to the next level, and work out for to fix them
14. What’s been your career highlight?
14. Probably getting my Anglo welsh breakthrough player award last year, because it was my first year playing professionally and it was my first opportunity to play 1st rugby for Newcastle
15. How important do you feel goal setting is?
15. Erm goal setting is important but they’ve got to be the right goals and stuff, for example they must be realistic so last season my number one goal was to earn a new contact for Newcastle. Good goals help you push on and stay motivated
16. What motivates you to achieve your goals?
16. I put a lot of pressure on my self and I’m very focused on what I want to achieve, I like pushing myself because I want to be the best I can be. But it’s easy because I love what I do
17. What one tip would you give a young person looking to succeed?
17. Enjoy it and don’t get caught up on what anyone els is doing, just throw yourself into whatever you want to do and give it 100% because that way there’s nothing els you can do
18. What three traits do you need to become the best in your game?
18. To be a professional rugby player 3 traits really important would be, robustness, motivated and willing to make sacrifices
19. How do you mentally prepare for games?
19. Just focus on what I need to do what I’m good at and makes sure I get my hands on the ball
20. What’s the next goal in your rugby career?
20. Moving forward my next goal would be to become a regular starter to falcons in the premiership
Good luck for the future Radders
Updated 21:29 - 9 Jan 2019 by mike brown